Wednesday, December 13, 2017

algae machine rebuilt

The algae machine was destroyed by the hurricane. the cylinders washed up on shore behind the church next to the lot we were using. the frame was retrieved from the bottom of the lake, the battery terminals were totally corroded, the angle iron frame was trusted the bearings were destroyed. The motor still worked but only for a few more days.  The solar panel was still functional, it just needed the wire cleaned.
The next iteration has double angle iron frame with a cross brace to prevent movement. I also built a small pit in the yard, 5 x 7 feet and 10 in deep so I can continue prototyping without having to go to the lake. I added 80 grams of fertilizer to the water to give the algae something to feed on. I also added a speed controller, a pulse width modulator, and slowed it down to less than 1 rpm.  The electronics are in a nice waterproof plastic box too.
I should have some growth in a couple weeks. I can keep better logs with the machine so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment